Everyone would easily agree on the saying that says “This world is not fair”.
I believe so. We’re leaving in this imperfect world, with so much corruption, unfairness, and uncertainty.
There are also many cases whereby friends turned to be “enemy”; “enemy” turned to be friend given a common interest among the parties. Well, just like my dear friend said… “sh*t things happen”
No matter how good you are, the world may not always give back good things to you.
Would you be consistent delivering good things when the bad things strike you?
Would you be still performing well, when your company doesn’t treat you well?
Would you be still loving when you are hurt?
IMHO, that’s exactly what separates the EXCELLENT person apart: … EXCELLENT ATTITUDE.
Attitude is the “art” of “carrying” yourself, to navigate yourself in this crazy world.
This would mean:
– To do things consistently excellent, regardless challenging circumstances & difficulties
– To do more than what are required
– To provide others benefit of doubt when others action is under question
– To do RIGHT things and do THINGS right
and many other commendable actions being done under any circumstance.
How can we instill EXCELLENT ATTITUDE then? Here are my thoughts
1. Posses “Higher” Agenda – always linked up what you are doing to your belief.
I personally link up what I am doing, working on, to act of service to God.
Link up what we shall do (or not do) to the greater purpose, vision or calling.
By doing this, we will always have enough reason to choose & demonstrate excellent attitude.
2. Have a solid support system – by no means we are superhero. We all need friends to listen us up.
Friends whom we believe, to share our loads with… and at the same time, those who remind us on the
higher agenda we have. Those who support us to do right and better things.
Those who aspire to have excellent ATTITUDE, as we do.
3. Get routine disciplinary exercise – It takes more than “feeling” to choose & demonstrate Excellent ATTITUDE.
The bigger the challenge is, the more commitment, strength, strong-will, discipline needed.
Learn then, to decide in every “small” thing, to demonstrate excellent attitude.
Work it out based on your sole decision, not on “feeling”.
Scheduled fasting or routine reflection time can contribute positively.
4. Live a healthy life – It is undeniable that we need a lot of strength, energy, focus to demonstrate excellent attitude. Thus we need to make sure we are “healthy”. Healthy in our physical condition – healthy eating, sleeping and exercising :). Healthy in our mind – through enjoying good relationship with those closest to us. Healthy in Spirit – by developing good relationship and trust with and in God.
May we all grow, possess and demonstrate excellent attitude, regardless our condition is.